Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My hair is brown but I want red highlights. What should I do?

I dress like a punk, but my hair is brown and fluffy like some innocent dope. So, in order to match my appearance with my attitude, I was thinking of putting red highlights in my hair and either spiking it or doing the whole fauxhawk thing. But, I think red would look stupid in brown hair. I'm not really up to dying my entire head black just for the red. So what should I do?My hair is brown but I want red highlights. What should I do?
OK my advice is to go to and expert, salon or hairstylist.


To go from brown to red highlits you need to bleach your hair to a certain ';perfect point'; and then dye it red.


If you do it yourself even if you think you won't you might over bleach your hair and the follicles of your hair and the pigmentation of you hair might be so damaged by the bleach that you won't be able to dye it red after.





And no brown does not look stupid with the red...besides why would you damage your whole entire hair by dyeing it black instead of bleaching some hair starnds and dying them red afterwards?


Besides after you dye your hair black it's harder to come out from this color.





My best advice to go from a drastic brown to a red is to get it bleached and highlighted red by a professional.





=)!My hair is brown but I want red highlights. What should I do?
dont dye your hair just to look like a punk ur being a poser, do what you like and what u think looks best
Buy Feria 205 (extra bleach blonde) and lighten the sections you want red for an hour (it should be BLONDE!!! at this point). The next night, dye the blonde sections the red that you want (go to a Sally's and ask for a fire engine red hair permanent color). But you can test the color with a temporary spray on first before you invest in the bleach and the haircolor.
skip the red and just dye it all black, you can go wrong with black hair, its always edgy! goth or punk or whatever it always looks amazing. especially when spiked

No comments:

Post a Comment