Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Putting red highlights in dark brown hair?

My hair is dark brown and i want to highlight it with red. I have tried some temporary dye but it ends up maroon and not red like i want it. People have told me i would have to bleach it to make it red. Is there something else or some other product that is not temporary that i can use that will turn up red and actually show up without bleaching it?Putting red highlights in dark brown hair?
There is no way to make it stay without bleaching your hair first. By doing this it will also make the color fade fast. Like someone else said its hard to keep unnatural colors in your hair.Putting red highlights in dark brown hair?
red is the hardest color to make stay in your head


your best bet would be to bleach it or go to a professional frequently since it fades faster than any color
Yes there is some highlighting agents that don't require bleach. There's one at Walmart except I forgot what it's called! I hate that when I forgot. But my sister's hair is jet black and she didn't have to bleach and it bleached her hair to red just like on the box. It only worked because the color was permanent color. If you don't want to bleach, look for permanent color highlighting dyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment