Thursday, December 31, 2009

Can my employer take disciplinary action if i highlight my hair red or purple?

i work in a retirement homeCan my employer take disciplinary action if i highlight my hair red or purple?
Most business' have a dress code. You may want to check it and then with HR department like the other answerer stated.


Jobs are hard to come by these days. no need to do something that would jeopardize itCan my employer take disciplinary action if i highlight my hair red or purple?
Yes, I guess your employer can do this, but there should be certain Terms and Conditions in your contract, such as a dress code and what is deemed as appearing 'presentable' for work and in your place of work, and this could be interpreted in many ways.





My advice would be: if your job is important to you, and you like it - don't do anything to jeopardize your position. Some employers are more rigid in ideas than others.





If having red or purple highlights are also important to you - do a compromise, and use highlights that you can paint in on a weekend, or for an evening out, but ones that you can wash out before going back into work. There is 'hair mascara' available purely for this purpose.





Have fun!
i would consult Human Resources about it first. if you still have a copy of your contract it should state it there. why not try a temporary dye first to try out the colour. like a wash in wash out one for nights out. i know lots of friends who do this. everybodies happy
I would check your contract and even double check by asking if it is not stated what is and not allowed particularly as you are working with and will be seen by the public ie visitors etc.
Yes, looking like a freak while working in a retirement home will get you far. NOT!





Show some god damned respect when working with the elderly. I would fire you on the spot!
That would depend on the company policy. You would have to check your contract and find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment