Saturday, December 26, 2009

How to lighten dark,dark brown hair with red highlights to a light, light brown?

I had my hair dyed and my natural hair color is a dark brown.


I asked them to dye my hair a light, light brown with no red


highlights. It came out almost black. I was upset so they redid my hair over by stripping the color out and then redying it one shade lighter. Now instead of it being black it's a dark brown but with red highlights. So I never got what I originally wanted which is a light, light brown. I also can't get it off my forehead and scalp. What color can I redye my hair myself over the counter later. Should I use cool or warm color? Is there a shampoo that can lighten this some also?How to lighten dark,dark brown hair with red highlights to a light, light brown?
My hair is also i dark brown.


and just recently i wanted my to be lighter.





about two weeks ago someone recommended to me a shampoo and conditioner called, brilliant brunette which is by john frieda.


my hair is almost two shades lighter since then.


it also full and great looking!





try it out*works like a charm: )








hope i help some.


if i did please recommend me as best answer.


thanksHow to lighten dark,dark brown hair with red highlights to a light, light brown?
try using a toner refiner,you should be able to buy it in any drugstore,maybe you should sue them Report Abuse

the only thing that will work is stripping out the colour then dying a light ash brown over top, or going to a decent hairdressers if you have the cash and get it all done again.


if you can wait - you could use a cheapish shampoo to help tone down the dark brown, as you say they stripped the colour out of your hair then applied the newer dark brown, theres a good chance this dark brown will fade drastically, because dye nearly always does over top of bleached hair! good luck with whatever you choose to do xxx
If it's a dark color the only way to strip it, unfortunately, is to bleach again. I know from experience. I died my hair black and went to have it professionally lightened and the stylist couldn't do it. Dye only coats the outside of the hair, so if you put light over dark, the darkest color will show through. Since you recently had it colored, it wouldn't be safe to do it again so soon, because your hair could break off. You could try complaining to the salon owner if what you got was not what you paid for, or call the better business bureau. One thing I've heard you can do at home is the buy Head%26amp;Shoulders shampoo. Put a ton of it straight from the bottle on your hair and leave it on for 20+ minutes. Do this several times. It's said to lighten dye. I tried it and got minimal results with black dye, but brown isn't as dark so it might strip more of the color. Good luck!
there is a phrase used in my industry that states ';colour will NOT lighten colour'; which means that any colour that is lighter than what you currently have will NOT work on your hair. you will need to bleach to the orange stage and then tone with a level 5 ash (blue based) colour. blue is opposite to orange on the colour spectrum so will neutralise the orange tones so you will end up with light neutral brown.
:O the hair dressers left the dye on your scalp? :\ not good well i have dark brown hair too and wanted blonde streaks, they looked good for a couple of days but when i washed my hair the blonde went to a really light brown and left my hair with gorgeous tones of light brown so that turned out to be really nice! go the hair dressers again and ask for blonde streaks trust me its better than any dye all over because when people offen ask for a light brown it goes too dark or looks just the same, =] hope it turns out ok ! x

No comments:

Post a Comment