Thursday, December 31, 2009

I put red highlights in my hair, but its starting to turn a bronzy color how can i fix it?

I really wanted red highlights in my hair, so i dyed it. But now i have an ugly bronzy color in my hair. I want to go back to red but i don't want it to fade. Plz help me!I put red highlights in my hair, but its starting to turn a bronzy color how can i fix it?
Well unfortunately red hair color pigments fade faster than any other color. Other than using a red enhancing shampoo and conditioner and trying not to wash your hair everyday, there isn't much you can do. When I've colored someone's hair with any red, I warn them that unless they have natural red in their hair, the pigment won't hold for too long. You could try hving your hair colored back to its natural color and then re do the highlights but its time consuming and possibly costly.I put red highlights in my hair, but its starting to turn a bronzy color how can i fix it?
get it done proffesionally again use color care shamoo and use bumble and bumbles hair powder in between touch ups it is good for roots and just giving a nce burst of natural looking color and if you an't afford to go to the salon every 6 weeks then use an at home kit in between
Red hair is a hard color to keep you will have to recolor it either at the salon(stays longer) or with an at home coloring kit when it fades.





If you go with at home you can try to add some of the color into your conditioner like at a 1:5 ratio so that everytime you wash your hair some color stays on. That's just what happens with vibrant colors they will always fade and need maintenance.
Red is a difficult color to maintain depth and luster.. As reds fade faster than other shades.. You can add some of your color to an ounce of shampoo, and do what is called a ';soap cap';. Shampoo with the mixture, and leave on for about 10 minutes, then finish shampooing as usual.. This will add some of your red depth, luster, and color back to your hair. and cut the brassiness of your faded color.. It is less damaging on your hair, and you can do this as frequently as you wash your hair, if your color requires it, until time to recolor using the regular peroxide based color.. Its an old salon trick and it is very successful.. (former salon owner)..
ooh thats a hard one if u put another dye in yo hair its possbile it can fall out how long u had it in?? if it been a few months gone head try it again but a few weeks or days girl dont do it lol or just ask some 1 at the beauty shop they always no

No comments:

Post a Comment