Thursday, December 31, 2009

How do I fix/get rid of bright red highlights? (Dye job gone wrong! ^_^)?

Hi everyone,


I am a dark brunette and I went to the salon and asked for them to highlight my hair red. Natural red, not the primary color. Unfortunately, I didn't realize in the salon (I thought it would fade, lighting, etc) that it has come out like the primary color and I look like a punk rocker lol. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get it out? Any help is much appreciated!


Thanks!


BriannaHow do I fix/get rid of bright red highlights? (Dye job gone wrong! ^_^)?
If you went to a salon, go back to the salon and tell them how you feel about your highlights. You paid for a service, you deserve to feel like a satisfied customer. You shouldn't have to pay anything extra for them to fix your hair. Tell them you are unhappy with the highlights and would like to make them more subtle or try to erase them by making the strands more like your natural hair color.





Salon employees aren't perfect, so they should understand. They should have first shown you a swatch of what the color would look like or look close to.





I wouldn't try fixing it yourself unless you dye the strands black so that the red doesn't show through (however, overtime the red undertones will shine through if you don't dye the strands right and you'll have brassy-looking strands).How do I fix/get rid of bright red highlights? (Dye job gone wrong! ^_^)?
you have 2 options. 1. you can try to tone it so that it is more your natural color.


2.bleach it and dye over it. although bleaching it and dyeing over it is not the best idea if you just got your hair done. you should wait at least a week.
Go back to the salon. They have a lightening process.





Can't you just dye it all your natural color?





TX Mom
  • performing shows
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment